October was more settled for all of us and we had a wonderful month exploring our new place and seeing some of the most beautiful sights God made for us. Fall in the Black Hills really is a beautiful sight.
- is loving his jujitsu… He had his first rank test and is now a second degree white belt. No pictures from class this time because I haven’t gone to watch him again.
- Ron and I went to one of the chaplain assistant’s house for their gender reveal party. They already have a precious boy and girl and found out at the party that they are having another girl!! It was such a cute party and I loved seeing everyone so excited!
- He also found out that his promotion to Major won’t happen until he is deployed next year. So we will have a congratulations party here before he leaves.
- He’s getting settled in at the chapel more and more, and the only downside right now is that he doesn’t have his own permanent office so a lot of his books and office things are still boxed up in the garage.
- We invited the chapel family over for a Halloween party. Not with costumes or anything, just with cute Halloween themed food and to get to know everyone better. We haven’t been a chapel with this many chaplains and staff members before, so we thought this was the best way to get to know them.
- Ron is loving what he does here, and he preached for the first time last Sunday. This chapel family is really great!
October was such a great time for me. I had some new experiences (i.e. mammogram) and learned that some things that you think will be scary aren’t as bad as you thought! I have been brainstorming cool things to do while Ron is deployed next year, and I spent a lot of my time plotting a giant roadtrip to visit all of our friends and family all around the US. If I missed you in my plotting, let me know and we will make sure we stop by to say hi. Also, we are asking everyone to let us spend the night or tell us where we can camp out. We are trying to do this trip as cheaply as possible! I was also able to go to Lake Tahoe and meet with friends I haven’t seen in a while. We haven’t been all together in almost 3 years, and it was a blast to see them again. We had so much fun taking hikes and exploring a beautiful place we’d never been to before. I am so thankful that we were all able to get away. We all have wonderful families who let us go and spend time together. I’m excited for next month as well. I can’t wait to do more planning on my road trip and explore more of the area around where we live.
Chyna has been working at Target for a month now. She was initially trained at Starbucks in Target, but then they trained her to work at their Food Avenue area, as well as being a cashier at Target and working the self-checkout area. She’s been really busy with this, but she also has started taking online classes. She called Animal Behavior College after we found out about them online, and they told her about the process for a Vet Assistant program they have. She used her own money to pay for the class up front (they gave her a big discount for paying for the whole thing). She’s already started the online portion, but she is waiting for her books and scrubs to get here for some of her other classes. She is doing a great job working and going to school. She finished her animal CPR certification first thing and she’s doing as much online as she can until her books get here.
Price loves birds. I’m sure if you’ve spent time with him or talked to him for a while you know that he wants to work with birds of prey. That means, owls, hawks, falcons, and birds like that… predators… so when he found out that the Black Hills Raptor Rescue would be coming to Wesley’s cub scout pack meeting, he immediately said he wanted to go. He watched the presentation and then followed them out to the parking lot to ask how old he would have to be to work with them. The great news for him was that he can start volunteering with them when he is 14. He can’t wait for March to get here now and I’m sure that’s where I will take him for his 14th birthday. He also attended a campout with Ron and Wesley where the temperature dropped below freezing and they woke up with ice on their tent.
Wesley has been involved in quite a few cub scout events this month. He is finishing up his last year in cub scouts and will be making the transition to boy scouts in January of next year. He sold popcorn with some of the other scouts and then did some shooting during the campout with his pack.
October gave us our first little bit of snow since moving here, even though it was so tiny we can barely see it on our pictures. We also got to see a house decorated with lights for Halloween. We had a great time at the Halloween Night Hike at Custer State Park, and we had a wonderful Halloween Night! Can’t wait to see everyone else’s costumes. We couldn’t pick just one costume for Jango, so he had wardrobe changes all night!!